For many years “Power and Free” conveyor systems have provided manufacturers the flexibility to handle most complex production requirements. They are ideally suited for handling products through painting and assembly operations, as well as product delivery and storage.
The term “Power and Free” describes a type conveyor which includes a continuous moving powered drop forged, rivetless chain that engages and moves a free non-powered trolley. The chain moves the engaged free trolley and its load along a high carbon steel track until the free trolley reaches a desired point along the system. The free trolley is then disengaged from the powered chain as it contacts a blade stop mechanism.
Allied Uniking offers a complete range of 3″, 4″ and 6″ power and free conveyors. By using single or multiple trolleys, combined with different combinations of chain and track, virtually any size, shape or weight of product can be conveyed.
Power and Free Conveyor Systems Allow:
- Loads to be switched to different lines for sorting or re-circulating.
- Loads to be stopped and/or accumulated at work stations or storage
- Load centers and conveyor speeds to be varied to suit
- Loads to easily negotiate inclines and declines for elevation
- Long narrow loads to be banked on a bias to reduce track
These features offer nearly limitless flexibility to assure the best solutions for handling your products.